Improving Your Life Through Immigration Since 1974
I have helped more than 10,000 clients with problems over the last 40 years
 Home > Information Bank > Articles

Marriage-Based Immigration

Is this you?
My future spouse is from abroad and I believe I may need to file a marriage-based immigration application.

Do any of these apply to you?

  • There is a significant age difference between me and my spouse.
  • We had a brief courtship and were engaged or married on our first in-person meeting.
  • My foreign spouse does not speak English well.
  • We have spent very little time together in person so far.
  • My future spouse was denied a visitor or other visa before.
  • We may have made some false statements or used fraudulent documents previously in applying for immigration.
  • My future spouse was here before and overstayed the term of his or her visa.
  • My future spouse did not enter the country legally.
  • My future spouse was deported or removed from this country previously.
  • My future spouse has a criminal record, or I have one.
  • My future spouse has an illness.
  • We don’t have a lot of documents proving the extent of our relationship.
  • I have an unstable financial situation as the sponsor.
  • I am confused about what to do.
  • I am overwhelmed by all the immigration paperwork.
  • I can’t get a straight answer from immigration officials or advisors.
If your answer is yes to any one of these, then we need to talk. Contact me now.

Andy J. Semotiuk is a legal advisor to the wedding industry and to cross border couples on immigration matters. He is a member of the U.S. and Canadian bars and practices with Pace Law Firm in Toronto as well as Manning & Kass in Los Angeles. He can be reached at Andy@myworkvisa.com or by calling (416) 236-3060 Extension 459.

To speak to Andy now click here.

Documents on the topic of cross border wedding or marriage problems:

Explore All Articles
Arrange a consultation